Saturday, April 24, 2010

Cuenca is my friend

You might have noticed that we stated that Cuenca was the best city in Ecuador so far. But I think it is also on my top ten of great towns. Town is a better word. The city isn't that big but it has everything a big city has plus all the charm and beauty of a small town as well. It is a university town and a popular place for ex-pats to retire it seems. I will certainly consider it. Pictures will be posted soon but internet connections that can be sustained in our room are an important necessity. Okay, so the internet is not the strongest in Ecuador but if you are someone who can deal with the slow moving tranquility of Ecuadorian culture you will be patient enough for the internet down here.

I am about to finish my drink and head to bed but before I do I want to say that if you want to come to Ecuador plan to spend some time in this town. I am wishing that we had a whole month here but I may be jumping the gun because I have only been here for 9 hours. I will let you know if I still feel the same by Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment